Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2014
Holdings in other companies
Since it was incorporated, BME has been involved
in developing and upgrading Latin American finan-
cial markets through shareholdings in the following
• Cámara de Riesgo Central de Contraparte de
the clearing house for Colombia’s
futures and options market, with a 9.99% stake.
• Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, S.A. de Capital
with a 0.99% stake.
In addition to these holdings in Latin American
companies, BME also has interests in other concerns:
• Operador del Mercado Ibérico de Energía – Polo
Español, S.A, (OMEL)
which oversees the financial
management of the electricity generation market,
with an indirect stake through BME Innova of 5.65%.
• OMIP Operador do Mercado Ibérico (Portugal),
the holding company for the Portu-
guese electricity market, with a 5% stake.
• Sociedad Promotora Bilbao Gas Hub,
concerned with the promotion of logistics, market
and financial services intended to facilitate gas
transactions, which in June 2014 was 5.13% owned
Economic value generated, distributed and retained
Economic value generated
Other net gains (losses)
Economic value distributed
Income tax and other taxes
Payments to capital suppliers (financial cost)
Payments to public bodies, donations and other investments in the
Economic value retained (profit not distributed)
Amortisation and depreciation
(1) Includes work performed by the company on own assets, other operating revenue, the share of profit (loss) of
companies accounted for using the equity method and the net financial result, minus the result attributed to
(2) Includes the payment of extraordinary dividends against unrestricted reserves for €30,980 thousand in 2012 and
€11,826 thousand in 2013.
(3) Includes only income tax expense and taxes reported in the year.
The total capitalisation (broken down by debt) and the
equity for 2012, 2013 and 2014 amounted to €412,831,
392,306 and 418,931 thousand, respectively.
BME’s corporate governance structure conforms to
the highest market standards in this field. Its guiding
principles are transparency, shareholder participa-
tion and independence of the external auditor.
BME’s internal regulations are available under the
“Information for Shareholders and Investors” section
of the corporate website:www.bolsasymercados.es